Challenges in Mathematics Education for the Next Decade
Scroll down for the conference paper beneath the slideshow.
ABOUT In 1968 at age 7 in Grade 2, Jonathan J. Crabtree noticed Euclid's definition of multiplication made no sense. Two added to itself three times is 8, not 6, as people have said for centuries. (HINT 2 added to itself once is 4.)
Jonathan went on to explore hundreds of original source mathematics books & manuscripts spanning 16 languages. Euclid's definition of multiplication had been incorrectly translated into English in 1570 and was NEVER corrected!
Jonathan's recent published paper and conference presentation titled, The Lost Logic of Elementary Mathematics reveals when why and how western mathematics education came to be filled with mis-truths, contradictions and inconsistencies.
- Success Secrets for Teachers via China & India
- Fixing Flaws in Elementary Mathematics Teaching
- Missed math revealed! (Multiplication & Division)
- Multiplication via Descartes & Newton (Free Slides)
- The Lost Logic of Elementary Math
- Greening the Elementary Integer Math Matrix
- Saving Aha Moments from my Necktop Computer
- Multiplication ≠ Repeated Addition: Myth Busted!
- Reactions to my Mathematics Lessons, A-Z
- Questions to Santa about Multiplication
- Goldbach Conjecture FALSE for Big Numbers
- New Lattice/Gelosia Multiplication Template
- Multiplication after the War of Independence
- Multiplication – Addition = Keith Devlin
- Errata in the Multiplication/Exponentiation Data
- Truths of Math Mocked...
- Multiplication, in Italian, German & French
- MIRA IS DEAD! (Long Live PCV.)
- How al-Khwarizmi multiplied fractions: In English!
- Ramanujan was wrong... 0/0 and the SCAM
- Pythagoras in the Chinese Chou Pei Suan Ching
- The first printed edition of Euclid's Elements
- Isaac Barrow's pocket size Elements of Euclid
- Versions of Euclid's multiplication definition
- How to memorise the world's largest known prime!
- A Radical '123' proposal for Real Numbers
- Did Thales teach Pythagoras this?
- Theodorus of Cyrene, Pythagoras & Podo at Play!
- Why is negative left of zero & positive right?
- Why Positive Reals have 2 square roots
- The Financial 'Times Tables' on the Cartesian Plane
- Weirder than Weird Multiplication? Weird Division!
- Proofs for Multiplication on the Reals with a Circle
- The Master Key that Unlocks Science
- A proof ab = a added to itself b – 1 times
- 1565 Pierre Forcadel on Euclid's Multiplication
- 1555 Johann Scheubelon on Euclid's Multiplication
- 1543 Niccolo Tartaglia on Euclid's Multiplication
- Subtracting addition from multiplication...
- Why do numbers exist?
- The Oldest Manuscript of Euclid’s Elements 888CE
- Exponentiation as Repeated Multiplication
- Is this why are Chinese kids better at math?
- Henry the Haberdasher's Multiplication
- CCSS Drops Defective Definition of Multiplication
- When Multiplication is Repeated Subtraction
- Thank your mathematics teacher here...
- Point Multiplication on Elliptic Curves